Dear Sows,
The baptism went very well. I will send pictures next week. After the mission president talked to the stake president, they decided that H should be baptized in Bristol but confirmed in her home ward. Yes, very confussing. So we made it happen and it went very well.
Her less active mother and non-member "step-father-person" were at the lesson on the plan of salvation, the baptism, and the confirmation. After the lesson we invited the whole family to meet with the Sisters in their ward (Watauga) and they said yes, so when we were at the other ward, we introduced the family to the sister missionaries, and they have set up to meet with each other. Bro H talked with the bishop's counselor in the Watauga ward, and he said they've considered putting the family on the ward rescue plan. I am excited for them.
We challenged Fred to come to the baptism and seek revelation to know if he should be baptized on the 18th of June. He said that he would. After the baptism, he said "the baptism didn't sway him." But he also told me about an expirience he had that morning while he was "drinking [his] coffee and smoking [his] cigarette." He was thinking about the whole thing and he asked God to "show me what sign I am suppose to feel when I do get my answer." He explained that he felt this "incredible" feeling. So now he "knows what to look for" when he gets his answer. I don't know, I guess the Lord does work in mysterious ways.
-eldervonsowards
No comments:
Post a Comment