Monday, April 4, 2011

April 3rd

Dear Familia,

Well, that is way exciting that there is at least one more little niece running around in coming years. Fun, fun! I'm sad that they will be born before I get home, but, oh well.

Conference was pretty tight. I was sad that we did not get to hear Elder Hales speak. I always enjoy his talks. What they need to do is add his talk as a "bonus feature" or "deleted talk" in the Ensign next month. That would be pretty tight. I really enjoyed President Monson's talk, but I [missionaries] always feel left out when anyone talks about temple attendance.

You asked about if any one did any pranks [for April 1st]. A few week ago my companion called the sisters in the next area and told them that he was being emergency transfered because of something they did and that he was willing to take the bullet. So when they called the zone leaders the ZLs played along and said that the elder was being mission transfered to Nashville because of them. Then the rumor spread like wildfire through the entire mission that Elder Manoa was going to Nashville.

The calls have finally stopped coming in, but it got me thinking. If I was offered a chance to get mission transfered, I think I'd take it. One, it would be really cool to see new places and to see how the two missions compare. Two, to get a clean slate. and three, (if the offer was the Nashville mission) I would have a temple to attend (or in this case the offer could be any mission with a temple). Did any of my siblings get to serve in a mission with a temple? Or did they get to attend any temple while on their mission?

So A did get to attend all four sessions of conference. She enjoyed it a lot. B dropped us. He said, "The Good Lord layed it upon my heart to remain Baptist BECAUSE it is what I grew up with." I don't know. To me that does not make any sense. I maybe could understand if he said "Because it's truth" or something that could make sense, but simply because its what you are use to? Who am I to argue about the way somone else chooses to live their own life. All I can do is inform and invite. I know that God told me that the Book of Mormon is truth and I know it by the gift and power of God. I also know that truth is eternal and God can not lie, so therefore, He will not tell two people differently on the same subject.

Ever since I became a missionary, whenever I watch conference I am always thinking something like "Man! If only So N. So was here to listen to that talk," or, "Hey, they are talking about the question that Whats R. Face had, if only she was here to hear it." Is that judgmental? I mean is that me seeing motes in people's eyes and not looking at my own? We were talking about this a few weeks ago. What defines righteous judgment?

eldervonsowards

No comments:

Post a Comment