Dear family, Aug 1, 2011
This week was kind of slow. We did a lot of tracting, with not so much success. I do know that tracting helps. It shows God that he can trust us. It is interesting. I have found that even if blessings don't come directly from tracting, they will still come later another way. It's like all those blessing are just stored away in a savings account that you never use and later down the road you have this nice goose egg waiting for you. I've seen that being diligent and faithful always yields blessings later, some way or another.
We did get 7 referrals this week! And we started the week with a few referrals. Then we contacted 6 of all those referrals! That has to be the most I've received and contacted in one week. The only thing that bugs me is that none of them became new investigators. I know you're not suppose to beat yourself up over stuff like that, because of people's agency and all, but it is true that you do need to sometimes take a step back and re-evaluation yourself and see where correction is needed. Do ya'll have any advice?
I am really happy with my district and how they are willing to work with me. Our mission has had this tradition of going out to eat "district lunch" every Friday at a restaurant after our meeting. Our mission president, Pres. Irion, asked the mission to stop eating district lunch at restraunts every week except for maybe once a month. There was a time when President Griffin asked us to do that and the district I was in refused to obey that rule. When I was told, I was kind of scared to see how my district would take to it. They took it very well. They rejoiced because they were all running out of money on their mission fund cards, due to eating out so often, and would have to use thier home cards. Now every week, we organize a lunch that every one brings something to add. This will be cheaper and healthier. I am glad it is going so well.
-eldervonsowards
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Aug 01
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment