Dear Family,
How is all going in the desert? The begining of this week it snowed and by the end of the week it was just a tad too warm.
We had the baptisms of H(11), M (10), and W(9) S. on Saturday. It was wonderful. I hadn't seen one of my own investigators baptized in like 8 months, back in Rogersville, and on Saturday, I saw three. This was another part-member family, a result of the Rescue. Wow. The gospel really does bless families. It was a wonderful experience.
We went over to their house for dinner that evening and gave a lesson. On the way home we were listening to an arrangement of "Joy to the World" from the "Reflections of Christ" album. It got me thinking about the birth of Jesus Christ. The shepherds and the wise men and even Marry and Joseph really had no idea as to who this baby boy was and what his destiny would be. They had a general idea but in comparison, they really had no clue. As I was thinking about it, the S. family meshed into the thought. Wow. I saw in a glimpse that none of us, not me or Elder Manoa, the S's, or whoever, really know the destiny of God's plans for this wonderful family. We have a general idea, but really in comparison, nothing. This truly is a "dawn of redeeming grace" for this family. Wow.
This week we also had a member referral family come to church. They got to witness the confirmations of the girls. We are excited to meet with them on Thursday.
I love the Gospel so much.
-eldervonsowards
No comments:
Post a Comment