Monday, April 19, 2010

18 April, 2010

Good monday!

I hope all is well in the west. Last week we got to drive to Rockwood (35 miles east of Crossville and half way to Knoxville for us. adverage of 85 mile days) 5 times.

Monday we went there for an activity with the sisters there and the Farrogot(sp) missionaries.

Wednesday we drover to Rockwood to meet the sisters and car pool to Farragot/Knoxville for Interviews with the president.

Thursday the sisters (in Rockwood) asked us (Elder Harrison being District Leader) to help commit or drop an investigator they have had for a while and who won't buckle down and commit. So we went and had a great lesson and he is getting baptized on the 4th of May.

Friday was district meeting (which takes place in Rockwood). After District meeting we when on exange with the Zone leaders serving in south Knoxville. I went to Knoxville. I really enjoyed being back in a big city and being around the mission head quarters (assistents, president, senirs couples). So the Martenins (sener couple missionaries) serve breakfast for the zone leaders, assistants, and sisters every saturday morning. That was fun. I hope I get to serve in Knoxville someday.

Saturday we needed to exange back, in Rockwood being the central location.

It's been fun!

Our Buddhist friend came to church yesterday. The talks were perfect. 2 high council men talked about love, service and the atonement. The nice part about it was that he knew someone there and they sat in the overflow together. Afterwards he said "ya know my hearing isn't the same as it use to be. Next time I'll need to sit in the chapel so I can hear better." Boom! He's already got a fellowshipper and committed himself to come next week! The only thing that went wrong was that he left right after sacrament and Sunday school and Priesthood were 2 great lessons he needed to hear. We taught Faith in our Gospel Principles class and priesthood was on prayer.

Thursday morning we went on a bike ride so I could get better at it. Elder Harrison told me that you just need to come at a curb head on to get up it. What he didn't mention was that if you are going at high speeds it's not a wise move. So we are going across a street and here comes the curb. Remembering what he said, I went for it head on and my tire wasn't too happy about it. In fact it went flat. I, not wanting to crash and make a fool of myself, slam on the brakes and make a fool of my self, slamming into the grass as my bike flips over my head and starts heading out towards the street. I wrench it back towards me and get up the take a bow. Those baptists are laughing now.

Anyway. I hope you all have a great week.

-elder von sowards

No comments:

Post a Comment