Monday, January 18, 2010

Email #3 sent from Elder Sowards

The snow is melted.

So the fist time it snowed hard core and stuck to the roads we didn't know
what to do. We had a few appointments but couldn't get to them, and couldn't
find anyone to drive us. So we made cookies.

All we had was margarine spread and not sticks of butter so I just measured
out half a cup of spread. We didn't have chocolate chips so we cut up
chocolate kisses and used that. And on top of those substitutions probably
half of the ingredients were stale. The results were flat, slightly fried due
to the excess oil in the spread, burnt chocolate chunks because the kisses
weren't the baking kind, stale cookies. Lovely.

Elder Lindner says they weren't as bad as I make it out to be, when they were
fresh out of the oven... I've never really been good at chocolate chip cookies
anyway. They never seem to work right... I don't get it. I can follow the
directions to a "T" but still they just don't work.

Anyway. James still doesn't have a date. He has stopped the coffee but not the
smokes. President says to not set a date and just wait till he has stopped for
a few days and set a short date of 2 or 3 days. Hopefully that will help.

So I haven't see any stone bridges. But it is the "Golf Capital of Tennessee".
there is a huge water tower that says that and we live right under it! There
are tons of water towers everywhere! I thought they were a thing of the past.
I learned that Crossville houses the largest tree house in the world. I hope
to go see it before I leave here. It sounds awesome!

Well I'll close off. I'll probably think of something else to say once I log
off. Then I'll send a letter as well to include that forgotten stuff, and then
think of something else after I send it.

-Elder Sowards

No comments:

Post a Comment